WEST CHESTER AREA SENIOR CENTER
“FAST FACTS” 2018
- 43rd year of community service – Borough of West Chester & surrounding7 townships
- 3,500 seniors served per year in our Center located in the Borough
- $.85 of every $1 donated is spent directly on services to our seniors
- 28,000+ meals served last year
- 76% of seniors attending share breakfast and/or lunch at the Center
- 652 volunteers on our team – and a small staff, mostly part-time
- 44,160 hours of volunteer service per year – an over ½ million dollar value!
- 2,820 Information & Referral sessions held each year (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.)
- 3,000+ program sessions are offered each year to almost 3,500 seniors including exercise, digital photography, computers, and financial planning
- 11,120 participant hours of Exercise Classes this year – for all levels with SilverSneakers®, low impact aerobics, arthritis, yoga, and tai chi!
- 1,775 hours of Health & Wellness Programs per year (Blood pressure checks, audiologist, flu shots, Parkinson’s Support Group, nutrition education, etc.)
- Partnerships with Community Organizations (Chester County Department of Aging, Chester County Food Bank, AARP, United Way of Chester County, West Chester University, Villanova University, Immaculata University, Neighborhood Health Agencies, Lions and Rotary Clubs, Chester County Family Academy, etc.).
- 606 Free Tax Forms Filed through our AARP volunteer partnership
- 45% of participants self-report as at or below 110% of poverty level
- 85 low-income individuals have certified here as qualified for the monthly food box program from the Chester County Food Bank; 750+ boxes distributed
- Two “Second Reading” Book Stores — 99% volunteer operated!
……and some funding facts……
- 15% of our annual revenues are from Government sources
- 15% of our annual revenues currently come from Grants & Foundations
- 5% of our annual revenues currently come from United Way funding
- Annual special events include our Night at the Races on Saturday, November 3, 2018…which successfully raises funds along with our Annual Campaign to support our vital programs & services.