WEST CHESTER AREA SENIOR CENTER
“FAST FACTS” 2018
~~~~~~~~ Designated a 2018 “Top-Rated Nonprofit” by Great Nonprofits ~~~~~~~~
- 43rd year of community service as a Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization serving the Borough of West Chester & surrounding 7 townships
- 3,500 seniors served per year in our Center located in the Borough
- $.85 of every $1 donated is spent directly on services to our seniors
- 28,000+ meals served last year
- 76% of seniors attending share breakfast and/or lunch at the Center
- 652 volunteers on our team – and a small staff, mostly part-time
- 44,160 hours of volunteer service per year – an over 1 MILLION dollar value!
- 2,820 Information & Referral sessions held each year (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.)
- 3,000+ program sessions are offered each year to almost 3,500 seniors including exercise, digital photography, computers, and financial planning
- 11,120 participant hours of Exercise Classes this year – for all levels with SilverSneakers®, low impact aerobics, arthritis, yoga, tai chi & Zumba®!
- 1,775 hours of Health & Wellness Programs per year (Blood pressure checks, audiologist, flu shots, Parkinson’s Support Group, nutrition education, etc.)
- Partnerships with Community Organizations (Chester County Department of Aging, Chester County Food Bank, AARP, United Way of Chester County, West Chester & Villanova & Immaculata Universities, Penn Medicine & Neighborhood Health Agencies, Lions & Rotary Clubs, Chester County Family Academy, local Faith Communities, etc.).
- 606 Free Tax Forms Filed through our AARP volunteer partnership
- 45% of participants self-report as at or below 110% of poverty level
- 60 low-income individuals have certified here as qualified for the monthly food box program from the Chester County Food Bank; 720+ boxes made available
- Two “Second Reading” Book Stores — 99% volunteer operated!
……and some funding facts……
- 15% of our annual revenues are from Government sources
- 15% of our annual revenues currently come from Grants & Foundations
- 4% of our annual revenues currently come from United Way funding
- Our Night at the Races will be Saturday, November 3, 2018 …event successfully raises funds, along with our Annual Campaign, to support our vital programs & services.